Monday, April 13, 2015

While I wait...


I had to take a break from Ellen's Book (which you will be seeing more of shortly) in order to wait for... well, an order.  Paper, to be exact.  Ultra fancy-schmancy cold-press watercolor paper from France.

My local all-things-artsy store wanted 80 bucks for a pad of 20 sheets of paper.
For a 5 day wait, I got it for $30, free shipping.
I love saving money.

In the off time I tinkered with a few things.

This is a very tribal looking piece.  I dyed the satin cord some time ago, and then just the other day found my stash of junk-yard metal.  I used ammonia to get the green patina on the metal, and then it sort of made itself after that.


Making jewelry is like meditating or doing yoga.  There is a pleasant and calming rhythm to it, and once you decide on your pattern, you sort of go on autopilot to finish the assembly process.

Some days autopilot is a very good thing.

*****
Follow my blog and you will be entered in my first jewelry GIVEAWAY.  I will pull from the first 25 followers!  The winner will get to choose from 3 jewelry items to be posted soon.  
Share my blog on Facebook and I'll enter you TWICE.  Woo woo.  
Them is some pretty great odds, baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment